01 October 2010

Quick Vegetable Soup

I love home made soup and after getting soaked in the torrential rain on my way home from the shop, I decided to make this soup really quickly while my bath was running.
(You can use any frozen vegetables, but I'd just bought these so I thought i'd try them.)

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen vegetables
1 large onion
2 stock cubes (vegetable or chicken)
0.5tsp chilli powder
Salt and pepper
Water

1) Fill a kettle with water and boil.
2) Empty the bag of vegetables into a saucepan with one chopped onion and 2 crumbled stock cubes.
3) Cover with water and bring to the boil, then cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Once the vegetables are soft, you can blend with a hand blender.
5) Add the chilli and season to taste.
It's as simple as that!

2 comments:

  1. great quick soup recipe! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, I hope you enjoy it.
    It makes quite a lot too!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete