27 September 2010

The Biggest Loser Season 8 Finale

I'm watching the Finale of season 8 right now and I felt that I needed to write a post about it.

Over the last few months this show has really inspired me to try even harder to lose weight. I've been on a diet for as long as I can remember but I always find a way to mess it up...this show has inspired me to do things I would have never dared try before. I've learnt that exercise is as crucial as the calorie intake so I make sure I do at least 30 minutes every day and if I have to take an extra 15 minutes to make a healthy dinner while my family choose a less healthy option, then  I will.

In the last month I’ve lost 15lbs, making my total loss 94lbs and although it was my hard work that made that happen, I couldn’t have done it without Biggest Loser Club.

Its inspirational to watch these people work their arses off at the gym for 6 hours a day. They’re normal people like you and I, they have families, they face struggles every day, but they know they need to change their lives and that is exactly what they do. Watching the final weigh in and seeing how much they’ve all lost and how different they look is just amazing. It just goes to show that it can be done and anybody can do it, you just have to take the first step.

My sister is really supportive of me, but something she always asks is “What will be enough? When will you be happy?”. I don’t really have an answer to that… I don’t have a ‘goal weight’ because I don’t think the guidelines for ‘healthy weight’ are very realistic, but I know that once I’m a healthy size and I’m comfortable with my body, I’ll be happy.

The one thing I do know is that I don’t want to end up like Tracey. As far as I’m concerned, she’s taken it way too far.


A huge congratulations to Danny Cahill though, not only did he win the $250,000 prize (and free surgery to remove his excess skin), but after losing 239lbs he is the shows Biggest Loser to date. Well done Danny.




2 comments:

  1. I agree totally about Tracey. I am glad too that Danny won, he was an inspiration. I'm sorry that Liz missed out on the final. I prefered her to the other finalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was rooting for Rudy all the way through, but Danny really deserved it too, he looks great!

    ReplyDelete